Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Post Using Snow Leopard..

mm.. Lets See.. I installed MacOSX SNow Leopard again. It's kind of big deal for me. Just Playing with it. Yeah it is good. But same time, it's kind out run by windows 7. Because Win7 is pretty awesome. With my experience on linux too, I like to say we can't compare these three operating systems. Because they are different. They are what they are.

Of course I'm using Mobile broadband for my internet needs. And also, I need my laptop to be stay connected as well. For signal getting purpose, I forced to connect my Laptop to mobile broadband device. So, I use direct Crossover cable for connect snow leopard with laptop. I turned on the Internet Sharing on Windows 7 laptop. Hoping it will work. And it did. :D Also shared folders too. Because most of my files are in desktop computer. And used SMB server to do it. It is out of the box option in Snow Leopard. But I looked file transfer speeds. It get only 10MB/s. (I Reached 70MB/s usage windows to windows, same hardware, using home network) I don't know if there is a way to increase that. (IPv6 or whatever)
An also I do like mac GUI. But I must say, windows is pretty good. But mac's GUI is very professional. ( I know it's fancy, but it is professional) when we close program, is is not quitting. It is running. I like that. at first I didn't like it, but now I think it is good. If you are using chrome, and you close the window, it is running. so I can open windows quickly. And if I mean to quit (in windows terms close) I can hit ALT+Q (because I'm using my PC running OSX) so it will do the acton I mean to do.
It sucks though I can't delete files directly nor delete only one file. So I must keep my trash empty and move to thrash and empty it. I don't like that atoll.
So, I will try to update my blog more often. (But it never did.. :D)

No comments: